PAGOS de POSADA
Mencia grapes from a selected payment for their special characteristics: strains glass of between 80 and 90 years with very small clusters. Fermentation with 15% of scrape, open French oak, soft extraction by bazuqueo fudre. Aging lightly toasted French oak for 12-18 months. As a result a complex structured wine but also subtle and elegant. Available in bottles Magnum.
Bottle: 75cl Burgundy. 6 bottles / box.
Grape Variety: 100% Mencia.
Location: Valtuille above and Pieros
Altitude: Between 600 and 800 m.
Climate: Continental with Atlantic influence.
Average age strains: Nearly 100 years.
Pruning Style: In glass.
Fermentation: Spontaneous open oak fudre.
Aging: 14-16 months in French oak barrels.
It has an intense ruby red with light reflections mahogany. The nose of red fruit, underbrush and smoked. It is fresh and elegant. Polished tannin that gives a long and silky.
- Payments Posada Tilenus 2006 (92), (2014 IWC, S. Tanzer)
- Payments Posada Tilenus 2005 (93), (2013 WA, R. Parker)
- Payments Posada Tilenus 2005 (93), (2012 IWC, S. Tanzer)
- Payments Posada Tilenus 2004 (93), (2011 WA, R. Parker)
- Payments Posada Tilenus 2003 (Gold Medal), International Wine & Spirits Contest.